Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Group project update

As a group we are still working very well together. I got to thinking about the project and how it relates to the class...I think we are getting more out of it than just running through a mediation session to resolve an issue that we have created...as we are in a conflict resolution class, we should be learning how to deal with challenges we face...I think getting 6 people on the same page, especially when for the most part we live nowhere near each other, can be a challenge. I am proud of the way we have come together to work towards completion on the assignment. We all have our roles in the project and have come up with a story line of sorts. We have laid out what each of our issues will be so will be well prepared when we present. Issues like the one we are dealing with, a dispute between neighbors, happen quite often and usually there is a more ideal outcome then what actually occurs. Overall I think the assignment is very fitting for the course and I am excited to be a part of our final product.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

On our last conference call, my group and I were discussing that we thought the purpose of this final project was more the process that we go through, resolving the conflicts that arise through working together, rather than just a finished presentation.

I'll have to email Dr. D and ask her if that was her plan all along.

How does your group plan to present. My group went back and forth on sending in a PowerPoint or presenting synchronously using iLinc. We finally agreed on just sending in a PowerPoint. I'm interested to hear what other groups are planning.

jamielynnrodriguez said...

I think the whole point of this project is the process rather then the finished product, but then again that is all Dr. D has to grade off of. But I like the points you brought up...good luck! =)

Shannon said...

Bryce, I completely agree that we have done a great job communicating with one another. We've all been responsible with our parts and enjoyed the experience! Thanks again for all your hard work!